Wellington Rover Tour http://www.wellingtonrover.co.nz/
– 8:30am pick up time on Bunny St (or at least that’s the one I chose because it was right outside my hostel)
– Craig was pretty awesome to chat with on the way to grab the other members of our tour. He was waiting at the stop when I arrived. The van we were to have that day was named “Thorin” for obvious reason 😀 I was pretty happy about that. Meant a great start to the day, lol 🙂
– Off to pick up the rest of the group.
– Stop #1: Mount Victoria Lookout Point
We spoke about the harbor, landscape. You can see a bit of the hillside where filming was done.
Craig mentioned that sometimes during filming you could see little people running around 🙂
– Stop #3: WETA Cave
Loved the three trolls out front 🙂
If you get a ticket for the tour, you get a short 25min video on the creation of WETA (no photog).
This place is has a great mini-museum, but is horrendous on the wallet!! I wanted to buy so much stuff!!
The tour around the actual workshop was pretty amazing. We got to meet some of the people that have worked on various Peter Jackson/WETA projects. Highly worth the ticket!! No photog allowed of course. The first thing was the full process of how a gun from District 9 was made. Both positive and negative molding. How skulls were made. Armour (Sauron’s suit weighed 30kg). Saw the Warthog built for HALO (which will sadly never be made). The workshop also helped with the Gallipoli exhibit from earlier.
– And finally back to the hotel 😀 I highly recommend this tour because it’s absolutely amazing. If you’re a casual fan, do the half day. If you’re a big fan like me, then definitely the full day!!